West & Coe, Funeral Directors - Our Pledge
I thank you for entrusting us to carry out the arrangements regarding your recent bereavement. Although it is difficult to say anything which will change how you feel at present, it may help you to know you can rely on my experienced staff at West & Coe Funeral Directors for the care and support you need at this time.
I realise that throughout the next few days, careful guidance and advice is essential to make sure your personal wishes are thoughtfully expressed. May I, therefore, assure you that whatever your requirements may be, the same personal high standards of service will be granted to you.
Our charges, I believe, are most reasonable for the quality service we provide and are considerably less than most other Funeral Directors in our area of Essex, Kent and East London.
We have combined our experience together with other relevant services collectively so as to provide further information, ideas and expert help at this time.
Our company West & Coe became established in Dagenham, Essex over 100 years ago, and still remains very much a family owned firm. It is my sincere desire that every point of the arrangement should be completed to your entire satisfaction.
If you wish to contact me personally at any time, please phone 020 8592 0164.
CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR
West & Coe, Funeral Directors - Customer Care
It is our intention at all times to look after the bereaved in a caring, sympathetic and understanding manner by offering emotional support, expert advice and practical help to all.
Our clients care policy is strictly adhered to in order that we achieve the high morals and standards which we have set ourselves.
- To show the utmost respect to each family regardless of their status, custom or culture.
- To take time in giving accurate advice and in offering choice on all aspects concerned in the arranging of a funeral, never taking advantage of a bereaved person?s situation.
- To at all time?s render good service and make fair charges in respect of services rendered.
- To on every occasion give a written estimate and confirmation of all arrangements involved in the chosen funeral.
- To offer and provide the company?s free bereavement aftercare support programme H.O.P.E. to each family.
- To regularly invest in training to ensure all staff are fully conversant with current legislation, new ideas and in maintaining the company?s high ethical standards.
- To strictly observe the confidence of every client at all times during and after a funeral.
- To offer free advice at anytime and to seek opportunities to give lectures to any groups involved with caring for the bereaved.
- To offer a 24hour professional service, personally attended to by qualified and caring staff.
- To respond immediately in an understanding manner should any form of complaint be received.
We genuinely believe that no request is beyond us as our aim is always to be even better.
West & Coe, Funeral Directors - 24Hr Service
|Bereavement is a time when careful guidance and advice is needed most, a time to express personal wishes and to make sure that every detail, large and small has been considered and attended too. Following a death certain practical steps need to be taken at an early stage, normally when family and close friends are suffering from shock and emotional stress. Therefore, the professional guidance and advice that we as Funeral Directors, can offer is often a comfort especially since we offer support 24 hours a day. |
Our fully trained and professional staff are available on each of our listed telephone numbers day and night to help with any enquiry you may have. Should you request us to visit your home to arrange a funeral or to remove a deceased person a senior member of staff will always be in attendance.
EACH OF OUR OFFICES ARE OPEN FROM
9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday
|West & Coe, Funeral Directors offer these services from their 14 offices in Essex, Kent and East London:|
- Advice on registering a death
- Help with death registration forms
- Help with finding your local registrar
- Bereavement counselling
- Will writing and administration
- Funeral planning assistance
- Horse-drawn funerals
- Funeral vehicles, hearses and mourners limousines
- Specialist funeral vehicles
- Burial arrangements
- Crematorium arrangements
- Green/wooldand funerals
- Coffin and casket selection
- Funeral floral tributes
- Memorials and headstones
- Death notices for local and national press
- Funeral catering arrangements
- Funeral photography services
- Funeral venue selection
- Distance funerals
West & Coe, Funeral Directors - Did You Know?
- West & Coe Funeral Directors offer a personal 24hrs a day service in Essex, Kent and East London
- West & Coe Funeral Directors is Dagenham's oldest business, spanning four generations.
- West & Coe Funeral Directors' motto is: 'The grace to serve'.
- West & Coe are the first Funeral Directors to offer its community a structured grief support programme (H.O.P.E.) free of charge.
- West & Coe are the main sponsors of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.
- West & Coe have won the customer care award in the Havering Business arena in 2006 and 2007. They have also won customer care and community involvement awards with the Thames Gateway Business awards in 2007 and Thurrock 2008 .
- West & Coe Chairman, Jeremy West, helped to set up the 'Living the dream' Trust to assist young aspiring athletes in Barking & Dagenham.
- West & Coe owned Eastbrookend Cemetery in Dagenham, Essex between 1949 and 1963
- After the Second World War, Jack West arranged a memorial service for German airmen at Eastbrookend Cemetery. He later had their bodies exhumed for re-burial in Germany.
- West & Coe conducted its first cremation in 1922
- West & Coe carried out its first motorised funeral in 1928
- Dagenham parish church steeple was dismantled by our company in 1921.
- In the early days the death of a Dagenham person would be signified by the tolling of the local church bell. A different style would be applied depending on whether it was a man, a woman or child.
- Jack West, second generation of the family business wrote two books, which were published. Jack West Funeral Directing and Memoirs of Old Dagenham.
- When West & Coe was founded in 1903 they were predominently builders carrying out just a few funerals of local Dagenham village inhabitants. Many houses were built in Dagenham and Hornchurch, Essex until this side of the business ceased in 1962